Obama to speak at Smith Center Monday

RALEIGH, NC -- Barack Obama's North Carolina campaign today announced Senator Obama will return to the Tar Heel state for a One-Stop Early Vote Rally at UNC-Chapel Hill's Dean E. Smith Center Monday night. Attendees will be encouraged to vote early either when they pick up their tickets for the event or until May 3 at a One-Stop Early Vote location in their community. The event is part of a major push by the Obama campaign to encourage North Carolinians to participate in the state's historic primary and in its first-ever One-Stop Early Vote period. From now through May 3, North Carolinians can vote early at their local county board of elections or at other designated sites. Voters who are not registered or who have never voted before may register and vote in the primary all at one time, in one place. The campaign has launched a free hotline, 1-888 NC EARLY (1-888-623-2759), which provides North Carolinians with easy, instant information on their One-Stop Early Vote locations. Callers simply dial the number and enter their zip code and are then given the location and hours of the One-Stop Early Vote location nearest them. You also have the option of getting the information via text message. Voters can call the hotline or visit nc.barackobama.com to find their locations and information about how to vote. Monday's event is free and open to the public, but tickets are required. See ticket distribution details below. Ticket distribution: Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., outside the Morehead Planetarium and outside Carrboro Town Hall. Information: www.barackobama.com. Tickets are also available online.

Thanks for reading!

Read more in Campus