A single lower level, mid-court ticket to this year’s showdown between North Carolina and Duke in the Smith Center is selling for $1,400.

Tickets to see four Tar Heels go up against three fresh faces at Duke this summer — and sit courtside— are free.

Jerry Stackhouse and Co. has put together one of the best summer basketball tournaments not only in the area, but in the nation. Pulling from the Triangle schools, the S.J.G Greater N.C. Pro-Am pits some of the biggest collegiate stars against each other just a few miles down the road in Durham.

N.C. Central’s McLendon-McDougald Gym serves as the host arena for what promoters of the event call the “Rucker of the South.” With 3,000 seats, the gym has seen a packed crowd several times this summer since the Pro-Am began on July 1.

On opening night, fans got to see Raleigh native and No. 1 draft pick John Wall sit on the bench alongside Stackhouse while taking in the first action of the tournament.

Other pros like Kevin Durant, Marvin Williams and Josh Powell are on rosters across the 11-team showcase.

Team Stackhouse is stacked with UNC talent. Rising junior Justin Watts, rising sophomore John Henson and incoming freshmen Harrison Barnes and Reggie Bullock are all on the roster for Team Stackhouse.

Along with the quartet, UNC class of 2015 recruit P.J. Hairston is also on the roster.

For many in the area, it’s their first look at Barnes and their chance to see what all the fuss is about.

And after I watched this guy play, I think he is deserving of the hype.

He’s able to use his 6-foot-8, 210-pound frame intelligently while also proving he has range on his jump shot. Barnes scored 32 points en route to his team’s 76-72 overtime win against Team 212. Barnes, Bullock and Henson combined to score the team’s first 51 points of the game.

Team Stackhouse will also face an N.C. State quintet on July 20 at 9 p.m. Wolfpackers Tracy Smith, Lorenzo Brown, Ryan Harrow, C.J. Leslie and C.J. Williams are all on the Team McGladrey roster.

The two teams met Tuesday and event organizers had to push the game from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. for a more primetime feel.

Team Stackhouse defeated Team McGladrey 82-72, with Bullock posting a game-high 30 points and Barnes chipping in with 25 to beat the N.C. State squad.

On July 29, Team Stackhouse takes on Team Jamison at 8 p.m. Team Jamison, named after former UNC standout and national player of the year Antawn Jamison, features Blue Devils Josh Hairston, Miles Plumlee and Seth Curry, who transferred last year from Liberty and has yet to play in a game for Duke.

The gym will probably be filled to capacity well before the 8 p.m. tipoff, and the two shades of blue will drape the seats.

It’s your chance to see the freshmen begin the storied rivalry before those who can afford the seats in the Smith Center and Cameron.

Go.

Contact Jonathan Jones at jonathan.9.jones@gmail.com.