The town will hold the Chapel Hill 2020 Open House, a town service fair and the ribbon cutting ceremony for the Chapel Hill Public Library Oct. 22 at University Mall.

The open house will present an update of the Chapel Hill 2020 vision plan. Some of the themes identified so far include “Good Places and New Spaces,” “Town and Gown,” “Getting Around” and “Community Prosperity and Engagement.”

At the open house the draft for the project’s vision statement will be presented.

Rosemary Waldorf, co-chairwoman of the Chapel Hill 2020 initiative, said those involved are looking for feedback from community members.

The event will kick off with a ribbon cutting event to celebrate the new location of the Chapel Hill Public Library, which will be located inside the mall. The temporary location will serve as a home for the library while the original location undergoes $16 million in renovations that will double its size.

During the service fair the town will showcase local municipal services and display different town vehicles in the mall’s parking lot.

There will also be children’s activities hosted by the fire department and other organizations.
For more information visit www.chapelhill2020.org.