Police log for January 18, 2012

Someone left a burning bag of feces in front of a residence at 103 Newell St. between 6 p.m. Sunday and 10:36 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone vandalized property and stole copper from trailers at a construction site located on Erwin Road between 4 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that five copper pipes valued at $3,200 were stolen. Two locks valued at $30 were damaged and vehicle parts and accessories valued at $120 were damaged, according to reports.

Someone reported a suspicious vehicle at 1660 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. at 1:50 a.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. People were sleeping in a 1997 Gold Toyota Camry, according to police reports.

Someone received a suspicious text message from an unknown sender at 8:29 p.m. Monday in an apartment at 400 W. Rosemary St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The victim was a juvenile, according to reports.

Someone uprooted bushes and threw a cinder block through a window between 1:59 a.m. and 6 a.m. Monday at 109 Fraternity Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that Sigma Nu Fraternity suffered $2,200 in damage. Reports state that $200 of that damage occurred to a window and $2,000 in damage occurred to unspecified plants.

Chapel Hill Police responded to reports of a suspicious condition at 12:34 a.m. Monday at 304 Nottingham Drive, according to police reports. Someone rang a doorbell and then left the area, according to reports.

Thanks for reading.

Read more in Crime and public safety