C Jackson Cowart

Articles

Sophomore Tyler Dorsey (5) celebrates with the Oregon bench on Feb. 4. North Carolina will play Oregon in the Final Four in Phoenix on Saturday. Photo courtesy of Adam Eberhardt/Emerald. 

Tyler Dorsey brings 'Mr. March' moniker against UNC defense

Nobody is hotter than Mr. March. This month, Tyler Dorsey has earned the nickname. Entering Saturday’s game against North Carolina, the sophomore guard has been Oregon’s leading scorer in each of its four NCAA Tournament wins — averaging 24.5 points and shooting 65.4 percent from beyond the arc.

Media

Kenan Stadium will not be switching to a turf field but will instead keep the current grass surface.

Delaney Robinson (center), with her attorney Denise W. Branch and her father, Stacey Robinson, earlier today at her press conference. 

Dwayne Ballen (left) moderates a panel with Gabe Farkas, Patrick Lucey and Ken Pomeroy at the SPEIA Basketball Analytics Summit hosted at Kenan-Flagler Business School on Saturday.

Coach Roy Williams waves at the crowd after UNC men's basketball returned from Houston on Tuesday.

DTH Sports at a Glance: A puncher's chance

I've never been punched in the face. While I've always dreamed of delivering a devastating sucker punch a la LeGarrette Blount in 2009, I've never been able to land good ol' right hook to the jaw. And fortunately, I've never endured one, either.

DTH Sports at a Glance: More score and four years ago

A lot can happen in four years. On Dec. 2, 2012, the top song on the radio was One More Night by Maroon 5. Christian Ponder was the starting quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings, and Stephen Curry was a scrawny shooter with bad ankles. Larry Fedora was still a first-year coach with North Carolina and Brice Johnson still had a mustache.

DTH Sports at a Glance: What if she said no?

On Friday, he successfully proposed to his girlfriend, Shelby Valeriano. And on Saturday — his fiancee's birthday —the newly engaged tailback rumbled through the overmatched Virginia defense for 107 yards and a touchdown. But what if she said no?

DTH Sports at a Glance: Calm your mind

Sitting in silence is not my strong suit. In sixth grade, I was sentenced to detention for convincing my classmates to burst into simultaneous song in the middle of lecture. While detained, I taped my mouth shut in rebellion and clicked my tongue to the sound of the second hand.

DTH Sports at a Glance: Losing in the rain

Defeat always tastes worse in the rain. It was in the eighth grade that I experienced this firsthand. After a successful seven-year career in the flag football circuit, I stood on the sidelines during my one year of tackle football, waiting for Coach Rice to put me in for my obligatory five plays.