David Allen Jr.

Articles

UNC forward Joel James (42) shoots the ball during the semi-final NCAA tournament game against Syracuse.

UNC men's basketball seniors flourish in final ride

HOUSTON — Win or lose, Monday’s national championship game will be the last time Marcus Paige, Brice Johnson and Joel James suit up for the North Carolina men's basketball team. Go ahead, take a minute. Let the memories come roaring back. The game-winning shots. The dunks. The smiles. The best friends.

The UNC and Villanova men's basketball teams held press conferences Sunday afternoon in anticipation of their match up in the NCAA championship on Monday night. 

Three things to know about Villanova

In the storied histories of the North Carolina and Villanova men basketball programs, the pair of teams have met in the NCAA Tournament six times. In four of those six occasions — including both of the UNC's national championships under Coach Roy Williams — the winner has went on to cut down the nets.

InstaHeels, Oct. 20

Hello and welcome to another rousing edition of InstaHeels! Make sure to join The Daily Tar Heel sport desk every Tuesday to check out some of our favorite photos and videos from UNC coaches and student-athletes.

InstaHeels, Oct. 6