Martha-Scott Benson

News

James W. Dean, Jr., UNC's provost and vice chancellor, attended the Student Athlete Academic Initiative Working Group meeting Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 2:00 pm. The group met to discuss recent events regarding the UNC Athletic Department. Such topics included the recent Wainstein Report and 2014 admissions of athletes.

News

Alexandria Huber (left), Jessie Robinson (center), and Jillian Tillett (right) are student interns working with Carolina Dining Services. They work to calculate the percentage of real food that Carolina Dining Services purchases and distributes in the UNC campus dining facilities. This internship was created four years ago, and this is the first time the calculations will be done for the spring semester.

News

The Student Advisory Committee to the Chancellor sponsored an open house on Monday, April 14, 2014. UNC students had the opportunity to talk with Chancellor Carol Folt and Athletic Director, Bubba Cunningham, about recent events such as the Carolina Commitment webpage, Chacellor Folt's opinion on water, and Cunningham's role in Tar Heel athletics. For the first part of the open house, the students were divided into small groups with Chancellor Folt and Cunningham to formulate questions that would be answered later, in a larger group discussion.

News

Akhil Jariwala, the director of Tar Heel Bikes Steering Committee and a senior business and environmental science major, is launching a campaign to promote positive cycling at UNC. This campaign will begin Tuesday, April 8, 2014 in association with Student Government, and Jariwala is hoping for 2,000 signatures in a two week time span. This program provides one-way bike trips across campus similar to New York City's Citibike.

News

On Monday, March 31, 2014, Tom Ross, the president of the University of North Carolina school system, appeared at UNC Chapel Hill to speak with students about the recent changes in the Honor Code policy. This event, made possible by the Student Advisory Committee and the Honor Court, took place in the second floor lounge of the UNC Student Union.

More media »