• In the News

Viviana Bonilla Lopez

Articles

UNC Young Democrats lobby legislators in Raleigh against cuts in education

In the wake of a proposed budget cut totaling $483 million in state funding for the UNC system, students are taking action.Four members of UNC Young Democrats travelled to Raleigh Wednesday to persuade legislators against the large cuts to higher education. These four students are part of a group of lobbyers from the UNC organization that will be meeting with legislators in the N.C. General Assembly this week.

Wayne Miltz and his brother, Stephen, founded crazythingsparentstext.com in December 2010. It is the fifteenth website they have created through Miltz Media, a company the two brothers founded in 2007.

New website pokes fun at parents’ texts

Together, Stephen Miltz, a 25-year-old 2009 UNC graduate, and Wayne Miltz, a 30-year-old self-taught web developer and graphic designer, launched crazythingsparentstext.com, a website that compiles funny texts from parents, in December 2010.

NCSSM food drive tries to break record

Students at the N.C. School of Science and Math will combat hunger one Guinness World Record at a time.On March 5 from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., the school will get a second chance to break the Guinness World Record for the most food ever collected by a non-charitable organization during a 24-hour period.

Raleigh bans smoking in public parks

Lighting up during a leisurely stroll in Raleigh parks will be illegal starting July 1. A new ordinance was approved by the Raleigh City Council on Tuesday that will ban the public from smoking in any public park in Raleigh.