City Round Up

Saturday, Oct. 21

• A theft from a business was reported to Chapel Hill police at 3:44 p.m. Saturday.

Reports state that an unidentified suspect loaded items from Harris Teeter at University Mall on South Estes Drive into a shopping cart and left the store without paying for them.

Items taken included $10 worth of Huggies diapers, five cases of beer worth $50 and a $25 bag of dog food.

• A case of breaking and entering was reported to Chapel Hill police Saturday.

The incident occurred at Wentworth & Sloan Jewelers Inc. at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road in Timberlyne Shopping Center.

Reports state that an unidentified subject broke out the front door and stole jewelry.

The breaking caused $500 in damage to the store. The amount of jewelry taken is unknown pending inventory.

Investigation is continuing on the case.

Friday, Oct. 20

• A report of damage to property is being investigated by Chapel Hill police.

The crime occurred in a parking lot of Louis Armstrong Court.

Reports state that an unknown subject used a tool to break out the front passenger window of a 1998 Honda Accord, causing an estimated $300 in damage.

• n Chapel Hill police investigated reports of a car stolen at 7 a.m. from a parking lot at 109 Timber Hollow Court.

A 1988 Bronze Acura Legend valued at $5,000 was taken, as well as items left in the car, including a leather coat worth $400, 100 compact discs worth $1,000, a leather briefcase worth $100 and an Audiovox cellular phone worth $100.

Thursday, Oct. 19

• Chapel Hill police received reports of larceny at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at a residence on Lakeshore Drive.

Reports state that an unknown suspect entered an unlocked storage room and took a $300 Craftsman air compressor and a $200 Dewalt circular saw.