Get Your Sports Scores, Event Information In the Pit Starting Today

Starting today, the Carolina Athletic Association will operate a sports ticker on the front right side of Student Stores facing the Pit. The ticker will recognize UNC's athletic teams and keep students informed of upcoming campus and athletic events.

Many of UNC's Olympic sports teams are among the best in the country. UNC regularly competes for the Sears Cup, which is awarded each year to the the school with the most successful overall athletic programs. Last weekend, UNC's field hockey team clinched the ACC regular-season championship, the UNC volleyball team is currently in first place in the ACC and both our men's and women's soccer teams are currently ranked in the top five nationally. However, students too often are not aware of the accomplishments of many of our athletes. The sports ticker will recognize the accomplishments of our athletes and promote upcoming contests.

In addition, students can use the ticker to stay abreast of other activities and special events, such as the Homecoming concert and activities, basketball ticket distribution, Beat Dook Week and the Michael Hooker Memorial 5k.

Students, check out the sports ticker in the Pit for all the latest UNC sports scores, schedules, events and policies.

Michael Songer

Special Projects Coordinator

Carolina Athletic Association