Meniane Still Alive at All-American Championships

ATLANTA - North Carolina sophomore Trystan Meniane has advanced to the qualifying tournament of the All-American Championships.

Meniane won four matches in the pre-qualifying stage of the tournament during the weekend.

He will play Florida's Nathan Overholser in the first round today at 11:30 a.m.

Each player must win two matches to advance to the main draw of the tournament, which begins Wednesday.

Carrieri Earns Weekly Honor

North Carolina forward Chris Carrieri was named ACC player of the week in men's soccer after totaling three goals and two assists in two victories.

Carrieri had two goals and one assist in a 5-1 win against Maryland on Saturday.

Huff Named Player of Week

Senior forward Holly Huff of the UNC field hockey team has been named co-ACC player of the week after scoring four goals during the weekend.

Huff scored one goal as No. 3 North Carolina defeated No. 8 Princeton 3-2 on Saturday.

Against Radford on Sunday, she had the first hat trick of her career and also added an assist as the Tar Heels won

10-0. Huff has scored eight goals this season.

Women's Soccer Moves Up in Rankings

Thanks to Clemson's 1-0 loss to Duke this weekend, the North Carolina women's soccer team (11-1) moved up one spot to No. 3 in the American Soccer Writers' Top-25 Poll.

Notre Dame (14-0) continues to anchor the No. 1 position, with Nebraska (14-0) following at No. 2.