Poor Audio Quality, Lack Of Publicity Put Damper On OutKast Concert

OutKast was cast out of Carmichael Auditorium on Sunday night during the Homecoming concert.

I would like to commend the Carolina Athletic Association, or the Carolina Union Activities Board or whoever was the genius behind bringing OutKast to UNC for our Homecoming. That was sheer brilliance. I think that this should be a common Homecoming activity. However, I think that they should hire someone who has more audio expertise than the high school A-V team or whoever was responsible for the countless technical difficulties. Hopefully, it will not get around that if you play at Carmichael Auditorium on Homecoming weekend at UNC, you will get screwed over by the audio team.

The other thing that I would like to bring attention to is the advertising for the concert. This should have been publicized all across campus more than a week in advance. I feel that the promotion of the concert was very lacking, in that a full-page advertisement could have been placed in the Homecoming insert, but wait, everyone removes the inserts in The Daily Tar Heel. So, maybe an advertisement for the Homecoming concert and the bands performing should have been placed above the crossword puzzle.

So in the future, if we want bigger groups to come perform for our Homecoming concert, maybe we should look into all aspects before we bring them to our campus and disgrace them.

Travis Dodson

Senior

Communications Studies