Sen. Ellie Kinnaird Gives Endorsement To Rep. Verla Insko

As a four-year member of the Orange County legislative delegation, I have been continually impressed with the contributions and effectiveness of Rep. Verla Insko. Rep. Insko has been a vigorous advocate for all aspects of the University - students, staff and faculty. She has been especially outspoken in her support for keeping tuition low and affordable for all students. She points out in every forum and legislative committee related to education that the N.C. Constitution guarantees a free education as much as possible for all citizens. Rep. Insko worked for a meaningful salary schedule for University workers this session. She is a strong supporter of the bonds.

In addition to her support of the University community, Rep. Insko is an advocate for the mentally ill, serving as co-chairwoman for the Oversight Committee reviewing all mental health services in our state. Rep. Insko feels that good health care is a right of all North Carolina citizens and is working to make that a reality. She has in addition worked for the environment and is a progressive lawmaker who will serve us well.

Rep. Insko deserves our unqualified support, and I urge everyone who goes to the polls to cast a vote for continued progressive government with a vote for Rep. Insko.

Ellie Kinnaird

N.C. State Senator

Carrboro