Reid Chaney Will Keep Olympic Sport Interest Among Fever Members

If you are an athlete, if you know an athlete, or if you enjoy UNC athletics, then this is about you. Carolina Fever is the Carolina Athletic Association's fan club, and on Tuesday, you have the chance to support Carolina Fever by voting for CAA President.

Fever is the section of people clad in blue shirts and body paint you've seen and heard at soccer matches, field hockey games, swimming and diving meets, football walk-throughs, volleyball games, wrestling matches, women's basketball games, and gymnastic tournaments.

With the band, Fever leads the crowd in spirit, participates in halftime events, goes crazy with body paint and chants original cheers. Without their attendance at the women's basketball game against Duke University, the number of Duke fans would have easily outnumbered Carolina's home fans. Carolina Fever made it a home game.

If you have never been to an olympic sports game, then maybe you know Fever from men's basketball games. Throughout the year, members earn points for men's basketball tickets by attending more than 20 olympic sports games. At the beginning of the year, coaches from various sports called Carolina Fever the backbone of cheering at Olympic sports games -- now that is at risk.

CAA candidate Michael Songer wants to eliminate Carolina Fever's reward system, thus downsizing the number of willing fans at sporting events. CAA candidate Reid Chaney knows the importance of organized fans and intends to keep Fever intact. If you think you are voting for shorter basketball lines or online distributions, you are wrong; the Carolina Ticket Office dictates how tickets are given out.

Please vote for Carolina Fever on Tuesday because without Fever, we will become a "basketball school." Our athletes and friends deserve better than that.

Emma Griffis

Sophomore

History and Sociology

Sarah Parker

Junior

Nursing and French