UNC Finishes 6th in Fla.

The Tar Heels totaled a seven-over total of 871 in the 54-hole tournament held in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.

UNC entered the final round in eighth place, 17 shots off the pace.

Tar Heel freshman Dustin Bray and sophomore Ramon Bescansa both scored even par rounds of 72 on Tuesday, each finishing tied for 22nd with a 1-over-par 217.

Jeremy Elliot finished tied for 27th (218) for the Tar Heels, while Johno Harris finished tied for 33rd (219), and Bob Cherry ended the tournament tied for 66th (233).

Women's Basketball Takes on 'Pack

The North Carolina women's basketball team will wrap up the 2000-01 regular season with road games against its Triangle rivals.

Before their season-ending game with Duke on Sunday, the Tar Heels travel to Raleigh tonight for a matchup with N.C. State at Reynolds Coliseum.

UNC is 14-11 (7-7 in the ACC) following an 80-78 overtime loss to Florida State on Sunday in the last home games in the careers of LaQuanda Barksdale, Leah Sharp, Juana Brown and Jackie Myers.

Barksdale scored 30 points in the loss to the Seminoles and is currently leading the ACC in scoring at 19.2 points per game.

The Wolfpack (17-8, 8-6) is a game ahead of the Tar Heels in the ACC standings. State is coming off a 69-55 upset of No. 4 Duke at Reynolds on Sunday thanks to 19 points from its second-leading scorer Tynesha Lewis.

McHugh Earns ACC Honor

Senior pitcher Radara McHugh was named ACC Pitcher of the Week on Monday for the second straight week.

In six appearances last week, McHugh gave up one run and set a school record for scoreless innings pitched.

McHugh, from Tulsa, Okla., made four starts last week as the Tar Heels

(10-2-1) went 5-1-1. She struck out 26 while giving up 19 hits.

She lengthened her streak of scoreless innings pitched to a school-record 48 before giving up a run Sunday in a

1-0 loss to Tennessee.

For the season, she has a record of

6-2 and an ERA of 0.25.