Vote Correy Campbell for SBP

I believe that the University and a group of dedicated students led by the student body president should fight tuition increases with every ounce of blood, sweat and tears in their bodies. There should be guarantees and promises made by students and officials. We should definitely have a say in whether tuition should be increased. But they do not communicate with us about the subject. That needs to change. Let's change it together.

Ticketing

The increase in construction is only going to decrease the parking spots we already have even more. Because of this off-campus students are going to dread coming to campus for fear of finding a ticket on their car rather than finding a legal space in which to park. Since we unfortunately have to carry the burden of expansion and construction for the future on our shoulders, I believe we are entitled to a compromise.

First, public transportation should be increased. That is the only feasible solution. Second, first-time offenders should get an automatic appeal on their first ticket. No hassle.

South Campus Construction

I propose to lead a group of South Campus representatives to meet with University officials to discuss their concerns and emotions about the present and future construction.

The Addition of Majors and Minors

I believe that if what the people want to major and minor in is not available, then it should be made available if the interest is there. We are not here just to read books and take exams; we are here to major and minor in subjects that we feel so strongly about . And to deny a major or a minor is, in my opinion, a denial of someone's hopes and dreams.

Spring Fling

We have Fall Fest during the fall, and I would create Spring Fling for the spring. It would be a great opportunity for organization fund raising. Organizations can sponsor basketball tournaments where people pay to enter or dance contests.

Off-Campus Internet Access

Many off-campus students are unable to get electronic reserves from the online UNC library Web site from the comforts of their own homes like everyone else on campus. Also, many students in the music department are denied access to important music files that they need in order to practice and prepare for classes.

I believe that the University should encourage Academic Technology & Networks to think of alternative ways to get UNC network access to those who live off campus so that they can fulfill their academic goals in an easier and more effective manner.

More Funding and Fund-Raising Support for Club Sports

I believe that if there's a group of determined and interested students, athletic or not, wanting to start a legitimate team sport, they should be funded.

There should also be a committee to evaluate and plan alternative strategies of fund raising for team sports that need more than they are given.

Book Costs

There should be a committee of students to analyze where the money is going. We should not have to look off campus for reasonable book prices.

Dining Hall Hours

Adding extra hours to operation hours would nullify some of the inefficiency and reduce the number of unused meals

More Promotion of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Help Programs

I am adamant about promoting professional sources of help on campus for those that want it. People should not feel as though getting help for alcohol problems is taboo.

More services and programs should be promoted so students do not feel uncomfortable about asking for help.

C-TOPS

Changes need to be made so that future freshmen are not bored when they come to C-TOPS. There should be a committee dedicated to revamp C-TOPS on an annual bases. And as and ex-orientation leader I can guarantee that this will be done.

Potluck Dinner

I propose a pot luck Thanksgiving picnic for underprivileged families of the community. With grocery bills, increased tuition and obscene textbook prices, money in the hands of a college student is sacred. But one thing will always be cost-effective and good for the heart: a home-cooked meal.