Police Roundup 03/22/01

University

Wednesday, March 21

UNC police responded to a complaint of drug use at Craige Residence Hall. A baggie of marijuana and a glass pipe were seized from 216 Craige. Brian Scott Morgan was given a citation for possession of drugs and paraphernalia.

Tuesday, March 20

At 9:49 a.m., UNC police removed Louis Adquan Dillard, of 2525 Kirkwood Road in Winston-Salem, from Fetzer Gymnasium.

When police asked for his name, Dillard responded, "Just take your gun and shoot me."

He was later charged with second-degree trespass and obstruction and delay of a public officer.

He was taken to UNC Hospitals for a psychological evaluation and issued an involuntary commitment order.

A student reported a wallet missing from his room in Graham Residence Hall.

He said the wallet contained a bank card, credit card, driver's license and $80 in cash.

While standing in the hall, the reporting police officers were approached by a member of a paint crew who said he had seen a wallet behind the stairwell doors.

The student's wallet was found, but the cash was missing.

City

Tuesday, March 20

Chapel Hill police received reports of larceny from a residence at 7 p.m.

Reports state that an unknown subject broke into a house on Highland Woods Road and took a Playstation game console worth $300, a Gibson electric guitar worth $190, a Lotus electric guitar worth $400 and a Sony CD/AM/FM/cassette stereo worth $200.

The incident is under further investigation.

Chapel Hill police received reports of larceny from a residence at 8:15 a.m.

Reports state that an unknown subject entered a residence on North Roberson Street and took a Zenith 25-inch color television worth $400.

Chapel Hill police arrested a 17-year-old female on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer.

Reports state the girl was involved in an incident last week at Chapel Hill High School in which an officer was assaulted during the course of an arrest.

The girl was charged with one count of misdemeanor assault on a law enforcement officer and one count of misdemeanor resisting, obstructing and delaying.

She was released on a written promise to appear in court.

Her court date has been set for May 9 at Orange County District Court in Hillsborough.

Reports state the girl was involved in an incident last week on the Chapel Hill High School campus, when an officer was assaulted while arresting another student.

The girl was charged with one count of misdemeanor assault of a law enforcement officer and one count of resisting, delaying and obstructing.

She was released on a written promise to appear in court. Her court date has been set for May 9 at Orange County District Court in Hillsborough.

Chapel Hill police arrested a 16-year-old male on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer.

Reports state the male was involved in an incident at Chapel Hill High School last week in which an officer was assaulted during an arrest.

He was charged with one count of misdemeanor assault on a law enforcement officer and one count of misdemeanor resisting, delaying and obstructing.

He was released on a written promise to appear in court.

His court date has been set for May 9 at Orange County District Court in Hillsborough.

Monday, March 19

Chapel Hill police received reports of damage to a motor vehicle at 8:25 a.m.

The incident occurred at Mill Creek Apartments at 700 Airport Road. Reports state that an unknown person removed a citizens band radio antenna worth $50 from a 1985 Nissan Stanza.