DTH Online Can Keep You Near Chapel Hill, UNC

If you're in town to visit students, they already know that the bricks of this University give off a magnetism that's hard to resist. That there's more to the lure of Franklin Street than just the stores. That the smiles on people makes this town and University seem like home. That this is the southern part of heaven.

Once you spend a weekend in Chapel Hill, you'll never want to leave. And luckily, you won't have to.

The Daily Tar Heel Online can help anyone -- the over-protective parents, alumni, prospective students, little siblings -- feel like Chapel Hill isn't miles and miles away.

The DTH Online, www.dailytarheel.com, offers the day's news Monday through Friday every day that UNC is in session. News specific to UNC, the Chapel Hill-Carrboro area as well as the state and national events are just a click away.

Did your son or daughter forget to tell you about that tuition increase? Well it was up on the DTH online site. (If he or she really didn't clue you in, search our archives. It will supply you will all of the recent happenings.)

The staff is here to serve readers who can't pick up a print copy of the newspaper -- as well as those with forgetful students who attend the University.

The online staff at the DTH also is trained to post breaking news events as information becomes available. That Chapel Hill link is always being fed.

A weekend in Chapel Hill is not long to get a strong grasp of the local arts scene. Some can't even do that in four years. Our weekly Diversions section, produced by the Arts & Entertainment Desk, tackles an entertainment-related issue every week while keeping a pulse on the Chapel Hill music scene and beyond.

On Oct. 11, the Diversions section is planning a launch of a bigger, better site. More reviews. More previews. Columns. More content. There's no reason not to stay in rhythm with the area.

"And sports?" you ask. We've got you covered.

But the site is not just about the DTH providing news -- it's about taking it to the interactive level. Find an article you like and e-mail it to a friend or colleague. And with DTH online, if you have something to say -- about the topic, about the article, about anything -- you can and should do it. Below every article, you can click and post a response to it. Readers from around the world will see it. The editors will see it. Your ideas will be digested.

The DTH staff knows how addictive and engaging UNC life can be. So if you can't be on the Hill in person, be there in spirit. Check us out online.