Fans Can Help Aid Victims of Attacks

The Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund will be accepting donations at the UNC-FSU football game.

The Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund was created to provide assistance for postsecondary education to financially needy children and spouses of those killed or permanently disabled in last week's terrorist attacks.

Receiving aid will be children and spouses of the victims, including airplane crew and passengers, World Trade Center and Pentagon employees and visitors and relief workers, including firemen and policemen.

The fund was begun by Citizens' Scholarship Foundation of America in Minneapolis and the Lumina Foundation for Education in Indianapolis.

Field Hockey Ends Two-Week Hiatus

After nearly two weeks without a game, the North Carolina field hockey team returns to action Saturday, hosting Kent State at 1:30 p.m. at Henry Stadium.

UNC is 5-0 and ranked No. 1 in the nation. The Golden Flashes are 2-2 and ranked 18th.

On Sunday, UNC is back on the field, hosting No. 20 James Madison at 1 p.m.

Volleyball Faces Conference Foe

The North Carolina volleyball team will host ACC foe Maryland at 7 p.m. today in Carmichael Auditorium.

The Terrapins (3-4, 0-0 in the ACC) arrive in Chapel Hill to face UNC.

Maryland's last match was Sept. 18, a

1-3 loss to Georgetown, but the Terps also had a three-game winning streak prior to the loss.

Maryland defeated Texas A&M-Corpus Christie 3-0, Providence 3-0, and Southwest Texas 3-0, prior to the Georgetown contest.

Several Tar Heels are among the ACC statistical leaders. Holly Strauss leads the ACC in blocks with 58 total blocks (10 solo) and 1.93 blocks per game while Krista Buchholz is seventh with 1.25 blocks per game. Nicole Reis is third in the league with 4.47 kills per game, while Laura Greene is eighth in kills at 2.83 per game.