Fox's Battle of Sexes Proves Far From Ghettofabulous

Two Can Play That Game

Men are simple-minded, easily manipulated creatures who need to be controlled by their women with a set of fail-safe rules. Or so the makers of "Two Can Play That Game" would have us believe.

The latest release from writer-director Mark Brown ("How to be a Player") explores the battle of the sexes and the games people play.

Meet Shante Smith (Vivica A. Fox) -- a successful ad executive who hasn't forgotten her humble Compton roots. Not only is Shante smart, strong and confident, she's an expert on men. In fact, she's such an expert that all her girlfriends rely on her to solve their relationship problems. And they should, since she's been with her successful lawyer boyfriend Keith (Morris Chestnut) for so long.

But as it turns out, everything in Shante World isn't as hunky-dory as it seems. When Shante and her friends catch Keith at a club with another woman, Shante develops a fool-proof plan that will have Keith begging for forgiveness in 10 days or less.

What Shante doesn't know is that Keith's friend is giving him play-by-play advice on how to counter her guerrilla tactics.

If the plot doesn't sound original or interesting, that's because it's neither. "Two Can Play At That Game" is so packed with stereotypes and clich