FSU Tickets Offered at Dean Dome

Students can present their UNC ONE Card and up to three other valid ONE Cards for a total of four tickets.

A high demand for tickets for both this weekend's game and the Oct. 6 game against East Carolina University has prompted the Carolina Athletic Association and ticket officials to distribute tickets for these games to students on a first-come, first-serve basis.

CAA officials said students who want tickets should come to the ticket office located at the Smith Center some time between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday for that week's football game.

Students need to present their own UNC ONE Card to receive a ticket and may present three other valid ONE Cards for a total of four tickets to the game.

Although tickets are first-come, first-serve, seating assignments will be distributed randomly.

CAA President Reid Chaney said the distribution is the most logical way to distribute the approximately 12,500 available tickets allotted to students.

"Students are safer, and it's easier on the admissions people working the gates," he said.

While Chaney does not think students will have trouble obtaining FSU tickets, he said student tickets for ECU game might run out completely. "ECU is going to be a big game for us," he said.

Student admission to all other UNC home football games will remain the same as in recent years. Students can come to Gate 5 of Kenan Stadium on the the day of the event where they can swipe their ONE Cards to gain admission.

This will be the first ticket distribution for a football game since the fall of 1999 when UNC last hosted FSU.

Clint Gwaltney, director of ticket operations, said he understands the need to distribute tickets for the ECU game because it is an important game against an in-state rival.

"In years past, we had a problem with having to close the gate for the N.C. State game," Gwaltney said. "We expect an overwhelming demand for both games."

Chaney said students who want guest passes to either FSU or ECU for family and friends should purchase them on Wednesday because they are in especially high demand.

Guest passes cost $32. Students may purchase one guest pass per student ticket received during distribution. Students may purchase a maximum of two guest passes to make up two of their four total tickets.