Local Organizations Offer Counseling, Services

- Quiet reflection and meditation with counseling staff and campus ministers is available in the Union Auditorium until 1 a.m. Wednesday.

- Chancellor James Moeser is speaking at the Union Auditorium at 5 p.m. today.

- The Newman Catholic Student Center will hold a rosary service at 3 p.m., mass at 5:30 p.m. and stations of the cross at 10 p.m.

- The Red Cross will be holding a training in disaster services and human resources. It will be at 7 p.m. at the Red Cross at 101 Ephesus Church Road. The training is designed for people who might be sent to Washington, D.C., and New York.

- The Red Cross will be holding a blood drive tomorrow on the third floor of the UNC School of Medicine. For information about additional blood drives go to http://informatics.org/redcross.

- The Wesley Foundation, located at 214 Pittsboro St., will be holding a service at 7 p.m. in Wesley Chapel.

- Celebration Assembly of God, located at 400 S. Elliot Road, is open for prayer all day.

- Chapel of the Cross, located at 304 E. Franklin St., is having evening prayer at 5:15 p.m.

- Church of the Holy Family, located at 200 Hayes Road, is having a special eucharist at 7 p.m.

- Christ United Methodist Church, located at 800 Market St., is having service at 7 p.m.

- Faith Tabernacle, located at 8005 Rogers Road, is open for prayer.

- St. Thomas More Catholic Church, located at 940 Carmichael St., will offer communion and prayer to the blessed sacrament at 5:15 p.m.

- University Baptist Church, located at 100 S. Columbia St., is holding a prayer service at 7 p.m.

- University Presbyterian Church, located at 209 E. Franklin St., is open until 7 p.m. for prayer.

- First Church of Christ Scientist, located at 1300 Airport Road, will have a meeting and discussion at 7:30 p.m.

- First Presbyterian Church in Durham will hold a service at 7 p.m. with Rabbi John Freedman and the Rev. Joe Harvard.

- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship will hold a service at 5 p.m. at the flagpole in Polk Place.

- Campus Ministry will hold a service at 9 p.m. at 110 Henderson St.

- The Campus Y will hold an interfaith peace vigil at 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Pit.

-- The Board of Aldermen has canceled its meeting for tonight.

-- Chapel Hill Department of Parks and Recreation has canceled all activities that were scheduled for tonight.