Microsoft Is User-Friendly, Does Not Have a Monopoly

I have a couple things to say in response to Josh Baylin's Microsoft- bashing article. Firstly, get your facts straight, or lack thereof. Yes, Microsoft is moving to phase out the MP3 format. However, they are doing this in favor of a new music compression format that effectively halves the size of music files. None of which will have any effect on music sharing. Saying that Microsoft's software is bloated and inefficient is also unfounded; with the release of Windows XP Microsoft will have created the most stable, secure and user-friendly operating system to date. As for the P.O.S. CCI computers, IBM is far from a monopoly.

On a more theoretical note, the Sherman Anti-Trust Act should never have been passed. The reason it exists is that the government actually helped to create railroad monopolies. If from the very beginning they had let the free market run its course everything would have been just fine. As for the alleged Microsoft monopoly: Microsoft is one of the major reasons that computers are at the stage they are today. It is because of their innovation that the technology industry has flourished. There are always other alternatives for those who do not opt for Microsoft's flaming superiority.

Corbin Graves
Freshman
Business and Political Science