Volleyball Blanks East Carolina

Outside hitter Laura Greene tallied 11 kills and 11 digs against ECU, earning her sixth double-double this year.

The Tar Heels (6-3) were led by junior outside hitter Laura Greene, who recorded her sixth double-double of the season with 11 kills and 11 digs. Greene also tallied four service aces on the night.

Molly Pyles and Holly Strauss each recorded eight kills for the Tar Heels with Pyles also recording six digs and Strauss totaling four digs and three block assists. Malaika Underwood led UNC in assists with 22.

ECU fell to 1-7. The Tar Heels next play Thursday when they host Virginia at 7 p.m. in Carmichael Auditorium to open up ACC play.

Men's, Women's Golf 5th in Tennessee

FRANKLIN, Tenn. -- The North Carolina women's golf team finished the third round of the Mason Rudolph Championships with a team total of 18-over-306, giving it sole possession of fifth place for the tournament.

The Tar Heels were led by Beth Lever, who finished in 11th place after shooting a three round total of 5-over-221. UNC sophomore Ashley Prange jumped from 26th into 14th place after shooting an 8-over-224, while Abby Spector dropped into a

two-way tie for 25th finishing at The UNC men's team also finished fifth, totaling an 11-over-851 for 54 holes in the men's championships.

Dustin Bray led the Tar Heels with a final round 1-over-71, which gave him a tournament total of 206. He finished tied for third with Vanderbilt's Brandt Snedeker.

UNC's Jeremy Elliott finished the event at 212 total and tied for 16th, while Ramon Bescansa finished at 216 for the championship and tied for 28th.