Candidate for Chapel Hill Mayor Lee Pavao Offers Best Assets for Seat

I support Lee Pavao to be our next mayor of Chapel Hill.

I think Pavao will do the best job of leading the Town Council during what will certainly be interesting and challenging times. One thing for sure, Pavao will not have to spend a lot of his time writing letters to the editor to clarify his positions or correct "misperceptions."

Kevin Foy has written letters to clarify his involvement in the great "Top of the Hill sign flap," and he told us that his remarks were taken out of context.

He has now written a letter to clarify his role in injecting race in an appointment to a town board a couple of years ago. Regretting it now is fine, but isn't Foy asking us to judge candidates on their records?

He also noted that lingering divisions are "a luxury we cannot afford," yet he would not clearly answer the question when asked about Pavao's place of residence. Instead, he let it linger, and he answered by saying that it was up to voter interpretation instead of telling us what he thought.

Cam Hill had the courage to answer the question, and he clearly stated that he felt that it was a false issue. Why won't Foy just tell us his answer and at the same time tell his supporters to knock it off? There are enough important real issues without creating false ones.

Through out this entire campaign, Pavao has acted as the gentleman that he is.

He is the right candidate to be our next mayor.

Vote for Pavao for mayor of Chapel Hill on Nov. 6.

Anne Tyson
Chapel Hill