Police Roundup

University

Sunday, Oct. 7
-Reports state that Forest Theatre landscaping was damaged at 9:45 a.m. with damages totaling $500.

Saturday, Oct. 6
-Attempted theft of a television from Joyner Residence Hall was reported at 10:54 a.m. Reports state that the damage totaled $2,500.

Friday, Oct. 5
-Reports state that people were found trespassing at Morehead Planetarium at 8:27 a.m. when they were found sleeping around the outside of the building.

-Reports state that a guest of the Carolina Inn had $476 in cash stolen at 10:37 p.m.

City

Sunday, Oct. 7
-Chapel Hill police reported a case of vehicle vandalism around 11:45 p.m. at 406 W. Franklin St.

Reports state that the suspect walked up to the vehicle and spray painted the car. The total value of the damage is $5,800, reports state.

The case is under further investigation.

Saturday, Oct. 6
-Chapel Hill police reported a breaking and entering and larceny from a vehicle at 4:27 a.m.

Police reports state that an unknown person broke the window of a car with an unknown object while the car was parked at 419 W. Franklin St. The suspect stole a leather jacket, the car's stereo and 200 compact discs, reports state.

Reports state that the total value of the stolen merchandise is $3,900. The broken window is valued at $150.

-Carrboro police responded to a call at 401 N.C. 54 of a victim who was assaulted and robbed at 11:50 p.m.

Reports state that two males attacked the victim shortly after he parked his car at Carolina Apartments.

The suspects hit the victim with a handgun behind the right ear and took two house keys, a vehicle key and a mailbox key, reports state.

The victim was checked out by medics, and the case is under further investigation.

-Carrboro police responded to an alarm that went off at 1:48 a.m. at the Walker Auto Stores at 201 W. Main St.

Reports state that a suspect tried to break the glass door in attempt to enter the business. There was damage to the property.

This case is inactive.

Friday, Oct. 5
-Chapel Hill police reported that an unknown subject stole a motorcycle early Friday morning.

Reports state that the motorcycle, valued at $5,300, was taken from the parking lot of 209 Conner Drive.

-Chapel Hill police responded to a call of an intoxicated person at 132 S. Columbia St. at 8:50 p.m.

Reports state that the subject was drunk and disruptive.

The leads are exhausted and the case is closed.