UNC's QBs Go Home To Mourn

Deaths in their families have caused Ronald Curry and Darian Durant to return to their respective hometowns.

"It kind of puts football in perspective of what's important," Bunting said. "Our hearts and prayers go out to these two gentlemen. Two fine, fine people and their families."

Durant left the team Saturday to be with his family in Florence, S.C., after the death of his stepmother. UNC officials did not know her name or cause of death.

Curry talked to Bunting at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday and told Bunting that his cousin died of asthma complications and that he would be going home to Hampton, Va.

How long until the two return is a question for the Tar Heels, who have a noon kickoff with Wake Forest on Saturday at Kenan Stadium. Bunting said third-string quarterback Aaron Leak will take most of the snaps in practice but that because Curry and Durant have played so much, not being in practice this week shouldn't hurt them come Saturday.

"Don't know the status as of yet," Bunting said. "And not really concerned about it right now, I'm concerned for those two kids. I've told them they need to take care of their families."