Join Discussion About Peace and War TonightPeace and War Tonight At Wesley Foundation

Since Sept. 11 and the World Trade Center bombing, the ideas of "violence" and "peace" have been on our minds more than ever. In fact, we've probably said these words more often in the past few months than we have in our whole lives. But how does it all fit together? What does violence have to do with peace? These questions have been on our minds the past few months at the Wesley Foundation, UNC's United Methodist campus ministry. So now we're calling on the entire campus. No matter your faith, background, politics or opinion, we'd like to invite you to a discussion titled "Does Violence Promote Peace?" We will discuss our justifications for war and for violent acts in religion and throughout history. Perhaps by bringing our different opinions to the same table, we can find a way to reconcile this issue and a way to better understand each other.

The discussion will be held at 8 p.m. today in the first-floor lounge of Hinton James. Come out. Maybe we will solve the world's great issues. And if not, at least you'll meet some new people and get to enjoy some yummy cookies.

Sara Pugh

Junior

English

Jonathan Coleman

Junior

Journalism and Mass Communication