The Lowdown on Sunday's Game

Game:

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Location: Smith Center

Radio: 100.7 FM, WCHL-1360 AM

Television: Fox Sports Net

Keys for UNC: Show a better defensive effort. The Tar Heels' "non-existent" defense -- Matt Doherty's term -- Wednesday against Wake Forest helped UNC to another humiliating blowout. Against a team with superior skills to the Demon Deacons, the Tar Heels are going to have to mount one heck of a defensive effort to keep the Terrapins within shouting distance.

Keys for Maryland: Show up. Juan Dixon is too much for any of North Carolina's guards to handle, and if Maryland presses for the first half, it should force the porous UNC offense to cough up the ball plenty. The combo of Lonny Baxter and Chris Wilcox should bottle up Kris Lang down low and the Terps will be able to have their way with the Tar Heels, again.

UNC Bench: Doherty isn't happy with the play of Adam Boone and Melvin Scott, but don't expect Brian Morrison to be getting a start in their place. Morrison's play continues to bother Doherty, and he said he would not let Morrison start. Jackie Manuel could benefit from the backcourt's troubles and might see more time.

Maryland Bench: Tahj Holden leads an excellent supporting cast. Tough inside, he'll cause problems.

Prediction: Maryland 89, UNC 64

Compiled by Rachel Carter