Monday, Feb. 26, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

The Lowdown On Tonight's Basketball Game

Time: 7:30 p.m.

Location: Smith Center

Radio: 100.7 FM, WCHL-1360 AM

Television: ESPN2

Keys for UNC: In previous matchups against smaller teams, opponents have collapsed in a zone to neutralize Lang. UNC's three-game motion offense won't be as effective against a zone, so the Tar Heels will have to execute better and continue jump shooting successfully. With the way this season's gone, one thing's for sure: "At this point, we're not overlooking anyone," Melvin Scott said.

Keys for Ohio: Smith Center fans are looking for any, repeat any, reason to get loud. The second-half roar from the crowd on Sunday helped propel UNC to 55 points, the most in a half this year, and its first victory after

trailing at the break. The Bobcats will want to jump out to a quick start and redeflate the Tar Heels' confidence.

UNC Bench: Just as he was peaking, Jawad Williams had his ankle rolled over by Nigel Dixon. Now Jackie Manuel and Will Johnson, who have both seen their minutes decrease, will have to be more productive.

Ohio Bench: Forward Sonny Johnson is one of the nation's most valuable sixth man, scoring 16.5 points a game. Jon Sanderson (8.4 ppg) and Jaivon Harris (7.7 ppg) also add to a corps of substitutes that nets 43.5 percent of the Bobcats offensive production.

Prediction: UNC 78, Ohio 75.

Compiled By Mike Ogle