The Lowdown On Tonight's Game

Game:

Time: Today, 7 p.m.

Location: Smith Center

Radio: 100.7 FM

Television: ESPN2

Keys for UNC: Keep the ball in Raymond Felton's hands and let him handle Rutgers' full-court press. The Scarlet Knights gave Columbia fits with their man-to-man, trapping defense. Felton's poise could be the antidote to that kind of defensive press, though it will be interesting to see how the freshman handles the trap. If he can get some help in the center of the court from Jawad Williams or Sean May, the Tar Heels could run Rutgers all the way back to Piscataway, N.J.

Keys for Rutgers: Try to control tempo. Although the Scarlet Knights want to run, they don't have the athletes to stick with UNC. Instead, they need to try to grind it out in the half court and create easy buckets with their trap. Rutgers' strengths are in shooters like Jerome Coleman (18 points vs. Columbia), but they don't match up well with the likes of high-flyer Rashad McCants.

UNC Bench: Melvin Scott was invisible against Penn State, but he can light it up from the outside in a hurry. Will Johnson's minutes will be reduced with the emergence of McCants, but he still can make an impact.

Rutgers Bench: Big-bodied Sean Axani and backup point Calvin Wooten played big minutes vs. Columbia.

Prediction: UNC 82, Rutgers 68

-Compiled By Ian Gordon