Armed Robbers Attack Local Man

A 22-year-old Carrboro resident was robbed at gunpoint by two unidentified men Wednesday night in front of his Abbey Court apartment.

The victim said he was in his vehicle near the mailboxes in front of the Z Building when he heard someone he thought he knew yelling at him, Carrboro police reports state.

One suspect approached his car brandishing a silver semi-automatic handgun and asked the victim to get out. The victim exited the car and, with the gun pointed at his chest, he was told to hand over all his money, reports state.

After the victim gave the suspect $10, the suspect and a second suspect fled on foot through a breezeway in the apartment complex.

Reports state that the victim then drove to the Food Lion at Willow Creek and called police at 11:31 p.m.

When police officers arrived, they set up a perimeter around the apartment complex -- located at 501 Jones Ferry Road -- to apprehend the suspects but didn't find anyone.

The victim told police that he thought that the suspect might have run into apartment Z2. The resident of the apartment allowed two police officers inside, but officers were unable to locate anyone that fit the victim's description, reports state.

The suspect who reportedly held up the victim is described as a black male in his early 20s. He was about 5 feet 10 inches tall with a medium build and cornrows in his hair.

He was wearing a gray jacket and blue jeans, reports state.

The victim could not identify the second suspect, reports state.

Wednesday's armed robbery was the second in Carrboro in four days. On Sunday, three men entered an 18-year-old Carrboro resident's apartment off N.C. 54 Bypass and stole his wallet and cell phone at gunpoint.

The City Editor can be reached at citydesk@unc.edu.