Police Look for 3 Robbery Suspects

Men broke into home, assaulted resident.

Carrboro police are searching for three men who robbed an 18-year-old man in his home Sunday afternoon.

The case is under investigation, but Carrboro police Capt. Daryl Caldwell said police are following several leads on suspects.

The victim described one man as a 20-year-old, tall, heavyset white man and another as a 20-year-old, short black man with dark complexion, Caldwell said. He was not able to give police a description of the third suspect.

Caldwell said the three men entered the victim's apartment off N.C. 54 Bypass unannounced, initially looking for someone else.

Not finding who they were looking for, the men assaulted the victim with a baseball bat, Caldwell said.

The men stole his cell phone, his wallet containing his driver's license and military ID and an unidentified amount of cash while holding the victim at gunpoint, reports state.

Police would not provide any more information about the relation between those involved, only saying the three men were looking for an "acquaintance."

Despite the leads on several suspects, Caldwell could not comment on how soon an arrest could come. He said, "It is still under investigation."

The City Editor can be reached at citydesk@unc.edu.