Monday December 5th

Students should come out to see opera performances

While the campus might not be aware of it from The Daily Tar Heel's coverage, Carolina's Department of Music presents a plethora of musical events designed to resonate with a variety of musical interests (most are free).

Today and Saturday will be no exception as UNC Opera Theatre presents "From Page to Opera Stage" at 8 p.m. in Hill Hall auditorium. Admission is free and open to the public.

The one-hour performance makes a great date and could also serve as a fine introduction to opera.

The cast will be presenting selections from Mark Adamo's "Little Women," Aaron Copland's "The Tender Land," John Corigliano's "The Ghosts of Versailles," Joel Feigin's "Twelfth Night," Carlisle Floyd's "Wuthering Heights" and Lee Hoiby's "Natalia Petrovna" - all sung in English.

Directions and more information about music and opera at UNC can be found at http://www.unc.edu/music. Also, be sure to mark your calendars for UNC Opera Theatre's double cast spring production of Carlisle Floyd's "The Sojourner and Mollie Sinclair" at 8 p.m. from April 8 to April 9 in Hill Hall Auditorium with the University Chamber Players, conducted by Professor Donald Oehler.

Casey Molino Dunn
Senior
Music

The Daily Tar Heel's 2022 Year in Review