Police log

from staff reports

•  A woman was attacked while running on the Bolin Creek Trail about 1:50 p.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police spokeswoman Jane Cousins.

As the woman ran along the trail, an unknown perpetrator tackled her from behind, Cousins said.

The victim described the perpetrator as a 25- to 35-year-old black man with a medium complexion, stocky build and short hair. She estimated that he was 5-foot-10 and weighed about 200 pounds, Cousins said.

The perpetrator held his hand over the woman’s mouth when she tried to scream but left when she kicked him, she said.

The woman then ran to the Village Green Condominiums on Elizabeth Street, where she dialed 911, Cousins said.

Cousins said police do not think this incident is connected to other recent reports of attacks.

•  A UNC physics professor was arrested at 1:51 a.m. Saturday and charged with driving while intoxicated, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Paul Howard Frampton, 61, of 101 Cedar Ridge Way, was stopped in a red 1988 Jeep SUV at the corner of East Franklin Street and Fordham Boulevard.

He was released on a written promise to appear May 24 in Administrative Traffic Court in Chapel Hill.

•  A Leasburg woman was arrested at 1:45 a.m. Sunday and charged with driving while intoxicated and driving 65 mph in a 35 mph zone, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Brandy Leigh Turner, 26, of 165 Roxboro Lake Road, was stopped while driving a blue 1988 Honda at the corner of Europa Drive and U.S. 15-501.

When she was taken to the police station, her blood-alcohol content was measured at .20 percent by the Intoxilyzer 5000, reports state.

She was released on a written promise to appear May 24 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Chapel Hill.

•  A server at the Spotted Dog Restaurant and Bar in Carrboro was arrested at 2:47 a.m. Sunday and charged with one count of felony assault inflicting serious injury, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Meredith R. Dillard, 21, of 425 Hillsborough St. C1, was arrested at her residence in Chapel Hill.

She was released on a written promise to appear May 9 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

•  A Chapel Hill man was arrested at 6 p.m. Saturday and charged with resisting arrest and failure to appear in court on charges of no insurance, no inspection and driving with a revoked license, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Arthur Chance Partlow, 21, of 1250 Ephesus Church Road J6, was arrested on Cameron Avenue for the failure to appear warrant.

He also was charged with resisting arrest for being unresponsive to an officer’s commands, reports state.

He was taken to Orange County Jail to be held on a $200 bond relating to the failure to appear charges in Alamance County and a $500 bond relating to the resisting arrest charge.

He is scheduled to appear May 10 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Chapel Hill.

•  A larceny from a motor vehicle was reported at 6:20 p.m. Saturday in a parking lot at 940 Carmichael St., Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, an unknown suspect broke a window in a silver 2002 Lexus RX300 and removed a purse from inside the vehicle.

The victim, a 52-year-old Chapel Hill woman, reported about $655 worth of property stolen from the vehicle, reports state.

Stolen items included several purses, $500 in cash and four credit cards, reports state.