Dive recommends

Album from the Vaults: Movie Rental Pick: Something Random: Make an imaginary friend. It's easier than actually going out and talking to real people. Plus it's very likely that he'll always agree with you. Win-win. Thursday The Huguenots The Cave | All ages show at the Cave! Chapel Hill's party-ready '60s revivalists, The Huguenots, open for Beatles-esque New Yorkers, the Rosewood Thieves. 9 p.m., $5. Friday Superchunk Cat's Cradle | The Chapel Hill icons of caustic pop-punk take the Cradle stage with the Rosebuds and Birds of Avalon to raise money for ailing area-music connoisseur, Cy Rawls. Great bands. Great cause. 9 p.m., $25. Rat Jackson The Cave | Rat Jackson writes songs that might be considered big jokes. They have crude titles and references to body parts that we can't quite seem to sneak past the censors. But damn if it isn't a fun sack of rock.11:45 p.m. Saturday Joe Romeo and the Orange County Volunteers The Cave | Joe Romeo and the excellent array of local veterans that play with him as the Orange County Volunteers create a nervy, amphetamine-driven brand of Americana that is all their own. 10 p.m. The Club Is Open Cat's Cradle | Blues-rock trio The Pneurotics and psych-country crooners Filthybird play with the shufflin' twang of Puritan Rodeo and The Proclivities - who sound quite a bit like Wilco back when Tweedy was still content to write simple and effective country songs - in this month's installment of the Club Is Open series. 10 p.m., Free. Contact the Diversions Editor at dive@unc.edu