Friday October 15th

Police log

• ?There were at least six incidents of breaking and entering reported Tuesday morning on Village Crossing Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. All six incidents involved a suspect breaking a car window, and in all but one a suspect stole electronics from the car, the reports state. A total of $2,407 worth of electronics were stolen from the cars, including five GPS units, an MP3 player and an iPod, according to the reports. A total of $1,700 of damage to the cars was reported.
  • ?Someone broke into a vehicle at 105 Carriage Circle and stole $10,000 in cash Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The passenger side window in the car, a 2008 Suzuki, was broken and a bank deposit bag with the money was removed, reports state.
  • ?Someone stole a catalytic converter from a car Tuesday afternoon, Chapel Hill police reports state. The catalytic converter, valued at $200, was taken from the bottom of a 2002 Toyota Sequoia, according to reports. The car was located in enclosed parking at 1414 Raleigh Road, reports state.
  • Carrboro police received a report of assault with a deadly weapon Tuesday, according to Carrboro police reports. The victim had a one-inch cut in his forehead after he was hit with a brick during an argument, reports state.
  • ?A Chapel Hill man was arrested Tuesday on misdemeanor counts of displaying a fictitious tag and driving with a revoked or suspended license. Justin Roy Jacobs, 27, of 328 Azalea Drive, was released on a written promise to appear in court Oct. 7.

• Comments

Welcome Back Edition 2021