Carolina athletic rituals are stale" need changes

With the election upon us there has been much talk about change. However our country is not the only thing in need of change. I speak of course of our rituals at Carolina athletic events.

To the band directors and pre-game DJs: New songs are needed. You guys make it so hard for me to get excited about being at said events. I know everyone in your band has seen ""Drumline"" at least twice. That being said"" I know for a fact the band can play more than ""Who Are You"" Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire"" and other seemingly random songs that do not get the crowd hyped.

Do I have better suggestions? I'm so glad you asked. How about: ""Jump On It" Tear it Up Let Me Clear My Throat Jungle Boogie Lean Wit It Rock Wit It" and the list goes on. Come on! Let's get it together!

And before basketball season even starts, I feel the need to address the issue with our illustrious Wine and Cheese fans"" who decide to leave before the game clock says double zero.

Our men's basketball program has the privilege of having all of their games on television. Ladies and gentlemen" let me be the first to say: It does not look good when we have a mass exodus out of the Dean Dome before the game is over. Why are there not more student seats closer to the floor like at other schools? Students should not be sitting in the nosebleed sections.

Matt Burney

Sophomore

Sports Administration