Librarians at Carolina can make researching easier

As we embark on this new semester I invite the University community to make one of Carolina's libraries the first stop for your class assignments and research.

Whether you are writing your first college paper or seeking specialized data for a dissertation our staff and services can help you succeed. When you visit library.unc.edu" we will put you in touch with the experts.

Select ""contact me"" to chat in real time with a librarian about any aspect of research — from narrowing your topic to learning what books and journals are available to citing sources. Or add ""undergradref"" to your IM buddy list.

If your question is more involved"" tell us about it using the ""consultation request"" link. A subject specialist will be in touch to set up an individual appointment. We know that research can be daunting" but you don't have to face it alone.

When you're ready for a break we invite you to drop in as well to the free exhibits in Wilson Library the leisure reading collections in the Undergraduate and Davis libraries and the circulating films in the UL.

And be sure to join us on Nov. 20 as we celebrate the addition of the 6 millionth volume to Carolina's world-class libraries!

Sarah C. Michalak

University Librarian and Associate Provost for Libraries