Tar Heels win in Miami

SATURDAY SEPT. 27 4:47 p.m. -- North Carolina pulled out a come-from-behind win against Miami Saturday at Dolphin stadium beating UM 28-24 on a Brooks Foster touchdown throw from backup quarterback Cameron Sexton with just 46 seconds remaining in the game.

The Hurricanes jumped out to an early lead racking up 14 unanswered points in the first quarter. On the opening drive of the game Miami marched down the field on the strenth of 60 rushing yards from halfback Graig Cooper on consecutive carries of 21 nine and 30 yards.          

UNC came back with two touchdowns of their own going on a 14-3 run on the strength of touchdown runs by Greg Little and Ryan Houston and with 9:38 remaining in the third quarter UNC looked in control of the game with Miami on its heels after cutting the Hurricane lead to just three.

But Miami managed some fourth-quarter offense with Robert Marve's thread-the-needle throw to Aldarius Johnson putting UM up 24-14.

UNC made things interesting with a 74 yard touchdown pass from Sexton to Hakeem Nicks and an interception of Marve on the next drive stopping the hurricanes. Following a tipped punt that gave the Tar Heels the ball near midfield UNC took the ball into the endzone with Foster's leaping catch and Trimane Goddard sealed the win with his second interception in the endzone to stop Miami's final drive.

Read the full story about the game in Monday's Daily Tar Heel.