For avid fans of the Avett Brothers Saturday's campout in the Student Union didn't just provide tickets to the Nov. 2 concert; it revived fond childhood memories.

There were midnight snacks board and card games and sore backs waking up in sleeping bags on a hardwood floor. Oh yes" it was a slumber party.

In implementing the ""slumber party"" policy" University officials reached a wise compromise between student tradition and safety concerns.

Staffing the Union with Department of Public Safety officers and giving wristbands to those in attendance provided structure to a process that previously was disordered confused and inconvenient.

The new system also allowed die-hard fans to stay protected from the elements of the outdoors during what was a near 20-hour wait for prime seats.

In the morning not all 1434 seats available had been reserved.

This is particularly good news for Avett Brothers fans who missed the campout though disheartening for the very last student in line at the Union when doors locked at 1 a.m.

Ultimately the success of the campout was manifested not just in camaraderie and bedtime stories but in efficient fair distribution of tickets.

So the next time anyone has a craving for the days when a Friday night meant gossiping with friends in sleeping bags over potato chips and soda a rousing game of Apples to Apples at 2:30 a.m. and perhaps even a round or two of Truth or Dare check the CUAB events schedule.