Display's characterization of women is despicable

I was appalled to walk through the lower quad today and see the horrific images of aborted fetuses.

But after looking at and reading some of the information provided I was more disgusted by the outlandish connections the campaign made between women and genocide than the images themselves.

The campaign insinuated that women who seek abortions are comparable to genocide leaders such as Hussein and Hitler. This disturbing connection perpetuates negative attitudes and stereotypes regarding women. For centuries women battled against patriarchal norms combated unequal laws and fought for an equal voice in life. It breaks my heart to see campaigns like this negatively portray women as insensitive humans.

It is unfair illogical and ignorant to imply that women who seek abortions are murderers. Women seek abortions for a plethora of reasons but never with the specific intent to maliciously kill.

The circumstances surrounding a pregnancy cannot be assumed in a single law and neither can women's rights.

It is imperative that anti-abortion movements campaign without supporting the sexist uneducated stereotypes of women who seek abortions.

Women have come too far and fought for too much to have a simple movement disengage women's rights.

Jourdan M. Cabe

Junior

Sociology Political Science