DTH Picks of the Week October 4

picks

The DTH SportSaturday staff and one celebrity compete to pick the winners of the biggest ACC and national college football games each week.

The DTH Picks of the Week is back for another week of competition. Each week the SportSaturday staff football beat writers sports editor and a celebrity will pick the winners of college football's most enticing action.

In the spirit of competition" we also keep track of our correct and incorrect picks to see who is the most accurate college football predicter.

Two weeks ago proved to be pretty rough for our ""expert"" pickers. Nobody was perfect" and nobody missed just one game. The best record went to SportSaturday Assistant Editor Louie Horvath who turned in a 6-2 slate.

SportSaturday Editor Mike Ehrlich still sits atop the leader board with a 13-3 record through two weeks of picks. Former Sports Editor David Ely and SportSaturday assistant David Reynolds remain right on his heels at 12-4. And still bringing up the rear is current Sports Editor Rachel Ullrich who has the only sub-.500 record.

This week of games is highlighted by an SEC matchup of No. 13 Auburn and a suprising No. 19 Vanderbilt squad. Vanderbilt has ditched its role in the SEC cellar and the Commodores will be looking to make a statement on the national stage.

The top of the Big Ten will also start to take shape this weekend as No. 14 Ohio St. and No. 18 Wisconsin square off and Michgan and Illinois battle in the Big House.

In the Pac-10 USC will try to reassert its dominance at home against Oregon after being shocked last week at Oregon State.

The ACC slate this weekend features two statement games in Duke-Georgia Tech and Florida State-Miami. The ACC is still up for grabs at this point in the season and these games will go a long way in the final conference standings.

Student Body President J.J. Raynor went an even 4-4 last week. She lost a little bit of ground but still kept the celebrities within striking distance on the leaderboard.

This week's celebrity will look to make up that ground.

This week's guest picker is well-known and highly decorated for his research abilities in areas such as DNA chip technology. But how well he has researched these eight football games remains to be seen.

North Carolina's 10th chancellor Holden Thorp" made the selections for this week's Picks of the Week.

His statistics will continue the combined effort by the celebrities to out-pick the DTH and SportSaturday staff.

Here's how the picks shape up this week.

(Click here to see the picks.)