Give Zingo a ring-o: A designated driving option students should consider

In preparation for a night of partying not only must you pick out an outfit and determine which parties deserve your attendance but you also should have a solid contingency plan for getting home safely.

When planning your transportation you should also consider your safety and that of others by not drinking and driving.

Finding alternative ways to get around town when drinking can be difficult" but there are several options available.

And now there is a new solution to getting home safely with the introduction of Zingo service to the Chapel Hill area.

Zingo ""chauffeurs"" as they are referred to, are dispatched to your car, riding a scooter, which will be collapsed and placed in your automobile's trunk.

The sober chauffeur"" will then drive you and your car home safely.

You could utilize Chapel Hill's wonderful and free bus system or Safe Ride. But often these buses are crowded at night and unreliable.

You could also call an cab to pick you up. But cabs are often foul-smelling and expensive.

Zingo allows you drive to your favorite drinking establishment in the comfort of your own car.

While the prices may appear extravagant to some" firsthand accounts of the service have been positive.

While none of these services are perfect it's important to make a concerted effort to prevent drunk driving.

With the introduction of this new service Zingo provides yet another option in getting home safely and is a step in the right direction to curb drunk driving.