Lawson's radical views would hurt 4th district

The debate between Dr. B.J. Lawson and Congressman David Price showed how important congressional representatives are to a community. Rep. Price has used his 20 years of experience to increase funding for the National Institutes of Health" Environmental Protection Agency and National Science Foundation" which works with the ResearchTriangle Park"" UNC and Duke.

Price understands that federal funding for these programs benefits our community and builds a stronger future by helping create the transfer companies that are so important to our local economy. Price also emphasized that the United States should not race to the bottom of labor and environmental standards with other countries"" as China and India are making investments to pass us in research and development.

At the debate" Lawson would not refute that he believes federal funding for research and the aforementioned programs are unconstitutional.

Further" Lawson made conspiratorial accusations that the Research Triangle Institute was working with Homeland Security on a data mining and domestic spying project. He made no effort to provide evidence that his accusations were true.

Lawson would hurt the United States and the 4th District by attempting to reduce federal funding for research and development"" allowing China and India to overtake our technological advantages. I believe Lawson's radical views will not benefit our community and shows that Rep. David Price is the only candidate that will fight for the 4th district and its future.

Marshall Dworkin

Junior

International Studies