Reader feedback: Online comments for October 4

Editor's note: These comments have been edited for length and style. To read and respond to the full comments"" please visit dailytarheel.com and blogs.dailytarheel.com.

""I can't imagine an issue more pertinent to a local issue than the existence of a local bubble. And I can't imagine a more pertinent time or place to discuss such an issue than in the opinion section on the eve of a financial catastrophe.""

""I'll continue reading the Opinion page of the DTH" but I will do so with a critical eye. Just as when I watch Bill O'Reilly's and Lou Dobbs' rants" I'll not only look for what is said but also for what may not have been said.""

""It is not Danny's prerogative to choose which column is published. … Did you not even consider reworking parts of the column so that it could become a stronger piece? Or did you just think of the word ‘censorship' first and decide a battle against the DTH would gain you some real notoriety?""

""It's time to grow up" Alli. And when you decide that you want to wear the big-girl pants and accept responsibility for a gross abuse of power" then maybe the readers will respect you again.""

""It seems that the justification for this is continually changing" and I find it offensive that Allison Nichols believes UNC students are gullible enough to accept her various" fickle and clearly secondary reasons.""

""In short" Mr. Randolph sat down and wrote a note that seems to have come from his disquiet over recent events that was cathartic. He did no research (as he did in-depth for the smoking column which was published) he shed no new light on anything and he rambled on. If his goal is that the DTH not publish trite and unsubstantial articles" leaving his out of the paper was a good first start.""

""Do you think that after the resignation of your opinion editor" several members of your editorial board and your University columnist" it might be time to turn the mirror onto yourself?""

""The DTH is about this campus! The rest of you are too lazy to log on to nytimes.com or washingtonpost.com to read about what is going on nationally written by someone who does it better! ... Why edit AP articles to bulk up the paper?""

""Not publishing an article written by a staff writer is not censorship. Every word written by every journalist is not published. Choices need to be made every day. … Editors make these choices based on quality of writing" interest to the community of readers" timeliness and probably a dozen more criteria. Editing is not censorship.""

""Alli seems to think that the DTH should cover only local issues" no matter what. Although I understand that the DTH is primarily a local paper I don't think this qualification should be absolute. For instance if another 9/11 happened tomorrow" I would expect it to be on the front page of the DTH.""