Halloween

We were hesitant about the new plans put in place for this year's Halloween"" but overall it was a success in decreasing the number of out-of-towners. We just hope that the town can maintain Chapel Hill's unique Halloween experience in future years.

Election Day Rain

Why does it always have to rain on Election Day? Not only was the rain blamed for decreased turnout among North Carolinians" but soggy ballots forced Wake County polls to close an hour later. The rain however" didn't stop late-night revelers from shutting down Franklin Street.

Kidzu

Kidzu" the Chapel Hill children's museum" received an award as the local Nonprofit Business of the Year. At least we have one successful business on Franklin Street. Too bad they're moving next year.

North Carolina

President-elect Obama currently leads North Carolina by about 13"000 votes although we won't have an official winner in the state until the provisional ballots are counted. Regardless we're proud that so many North Carolinians went out to vote for Obama. It may not be official yet" but we're still feeling pretty blue — in a good way.

Stress reactions

We're disappointed that Tyler Hansbrough is currently nursing an injury. We hope you get well soon"" Psycho-T.

Obama

Need we say more? Props to President-elect Barack Obama for an electoral landslide Tuesday night. Congratulations to the countless number of student volunteers as well" who formed the backbone of Obama's campaign strategy.