STV manager was selfish embarrassed organization

As the outgoing Station Manager of UNC Student Television, I penned a guest column (Student Television: the Great Failure"" April 18, 2007). I detailed my frustrations and personal failures in four years at STV in various roles.

Ernie Gilbert, the incoming Station Manager, had the audacity to tell me that my column was hurtful to the progress of Student Television. Well if that characterizes my actions that spring, I cannot begin to describe how his recent situation harms the organization for the long term.

The recent arrest exposes Mr. Gilbert to be the sheep in wolf's clothing that I suspected during our time working"" together" and the small signs I noticed then deserve to be detailed. His resistance to me filing a police report when equipment went missing during our tenure. His unwillingness to provide access to computers and equipment to other members of the station.

Mr. Gilbert's time at Student Television was centered around his personal gain. Shameful. Behind the leadership of Eric Ellington positive changes have started to materialize; its just a shame that Mr. Gilbert's actions provide an unneeded distraction during a time of progress at the station.

James Mundia

Student Television Station Manager 2007