- A woman in the passenger seat of a car stopped for driving while intoxicated had a handgun according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Denise Ann Brunson44 was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and was under the influence of an impairing substance reports state.

Brunson of Jacksonville NC was released on a written promise to appear and is expected in court on March 16 reports state.

- A statue near Cameron Avenue and South Roberson Street fell over Saturday according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Police did not know the reasons for the falling of the statue which belonged to Chapel Hill Public Arts reports state.

- Someone sprayed black spray paint down both sides of a vehicle on Howell Street according to Chapel Hill police reports.

There was $4000 in damage to the 2004 Nissan Xterra which was also black reports state.

- Police charged two people Thursday for possession of cocaine with intent to sell or distribute according to Carrboro police reports.

Derrick Dwayne Thomas29 and Shkeithra Renee Degraffenreidt25 were arrested on the Estes Drive Extension reports state.

- A man attempted to drive his vehicle away while it was hooked up to a tow truck according to Carrboro police reports.

The vehicle was being towed from Abbey Court Apartments reports state when the owner came out at about 4 a.m. Thursday.

The 1997 Mercury was damaged on the driver's side and the truck had some paint missing but both owners said they did not wish to file a report according to reports.

- A Poplar Avenue resident told police that she heard loud footsteps in the kitchen and bathroom of her house early Thursday according to Carrboro police reports.

The responding officers did not find anything suspicious reports state.

- An employee of the Burger King on Jones Ferry Road called police early Thursday because she was unable to close and lock the door according to Carrboro police reports.

Reports state that the door had a broken hinge.