Baseball

The No. 2 North Carolina baseball team took one win out of a three-game series with No. 20 Florida State over the weekend.

Friday FSU got a walk-off sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth to earn a 3-2 win. UNC scored 12 consecutive runs en route to a 12-7 win on Saturday.

But a two-run single in the bottom of the ninth sent the Seminoles past UNC on Sunday by a 9-8 score.

Men's lacrosse

Freshman goalkeeper James Petracca made his first career start and delivered 13 saves and four ground balls in a 12-11 North Carolina victory against Ohio State on Saturday in Baltimore.

It was the first meeting for UNC coach Joe Breschi with Ohio State the school were he had spent the past 11 seasons.

Sophomore attackman Billy Bitter led the Tar Heels with four goals and an assist and was one of seven North Carolina players to score on the day.

Women's lacrosse

The Tar Heels snapped an eight-game winning streak Saturday with a 13-8 loss to No. 2 Maryland on Saturday in College Park Md.

The No. 4 Tar Heels fell to the undefeated Terrapins despite jumping out to a 5-3 lead midway through the first half.

Junior Megan Bosica scored a team-high three goals for the Tar Heels (11-3 3-1) and Jenn Russell had two goals and an assist.

The Tar Heels were outshot 35-18 in the game.

Men's tennis

North Carolina split a pair of ACC road matches this weekend. The Tar Heels took the doubles point and held on in singles to clinch an ACC victory on Saturday afternoon against Clemson for a 4-3 win.

Sunday in Atlanta Georgia Tech took an early lead and cruised with it against the Tar Heels winning 7-0 to wrap up the ACC regular season.

One bright spot against the Yellow Jackets was the 9-8 doubles victory for Clay Donato and Taylor Fogleman against the top-50 doubles team of Guillermo Gomez and Ryan Smith.

Men's golf

The North Carolina men's golf team finished in 10th place out of 11 teams at the River Landing Intercollegiate with a 20-over-par 884 total. Duke won the team title with an eight-under-par final round for a 14-under-par 850 total.

Henry Zaytoun III was consistent for the Tar Heels as he shot three one-over-par rounds in the tournament.

Kevin O'Connell's 68 in the final round put him in a tie for 19th place. He finished at one-over-par 217 total. Zaytoun finished in a tie for 31st place at three-over-par.